ProPortBCN, Consulting Engineering, is composed of an internationally based group of professionals who offer multi-disciplinary skills in project development, studies, engineering, design, and economic analysis. Its services are available for short – or long-term projects, as swell as for expert testimony and analysis.
With two decades of experience in port projects in Spain, South America, India, Turkey, Carles Catalán, offers its clients a full range of services, from feasibility studies through the master planning of engineering projects in the public and private sectors.
As an independent, specialized consultant, Carles Catalan, Consultant Engineer, is perfectly situated to work directly – and without conflicts of interest – for private industry, project developers, public authorities, design consulting firms, or contractor alike.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Ports and harbors
- Container & general cargo handling
- Terminal operations & maintenance
- Cranes & Heavy Lift Equipment
- Security & Controls
- Simulation models
- Advisory services
- Site inspections and evaluations of proposed developments
- Project Identification
- Definitional missions and appraisals
- Inspection and evaluation of existing facilities and operations
- Conceptual definition of project requirements, costs, and operations
- Pre-feasibility studies
- Master planning
- Preparation of specifications and tender documents
- Technical reviews of ongoing or completed studies and tenders
- Specialized heavy equipment design and operation
- Expert testimony and analysis